Grilling!

The "Hub Grilling Meister" at work (picture taken previously)

Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken

I signed up for a grilling recipe swap over at SCS: 6x6 Grillin' It Up A-Z Recipes. I chose the letter L, and have to make 27 +1 (+1 is for the hostess) 6x6 recipe cards. I signed up to make Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken. I have done recipe swaps asking for 6-8 cards, but never 28! So this is a big challenge!!!

I love to cook, but grilling is not my forte. Hubby is the "Grilling Meister" in our home, and I had decided to pay closer attention to his grilling expertise, so that I can duplicate, if not master this culinary art!

I did my research on grilling chicken, which is not that easy, since poultry takes a lot longer to grill, and heat is very important as well. So after reading several grilled chicken recipes, going through my extensive cookbook library, my 3 choke full recipe boxes, searching the many cooking websites, ... I was finally ready to put my knowledge onto good use.

But first, I have to admit that Hubby started the fire on his Weber Grill. You would think that the first thing for me to learn would be how to start a fire on the grill! Well, I never was a Girl Scout, and Papi was the Grilling Meister at home while I was growing up. Besides what are Hubbies for??? Thank you Tom!


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon Natural Stone Ground Mustard (Plochman's my fave)
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • Zest of a lemon
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
  • 3 crushed and minced cloves of garlic
  • 3 tablespoons chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
  • 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
  • Salt & Pepper to taste (I use coarse sea salt & freshly ground pepper)

Combine all of the above the ingredients until emulsified. Set aside.

  • 6 chicken breasts or 8 chicken thighs/legs (bone-in & skin~more flavor in my opinion)

Place chicken pieces in a 1-gallon size plastic bag. Pour marinade over chicken making sure all pieces are well covered. Refrigerate 3-8 hours and turn bag couple of times so that all chicken pieces are well marinated.

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate. Pour the reserved lemon and rosemary mixture into a bowl for basting.
Grill covered chicken for 20-25 minutes on each side depending on your choice of chicken meat, basting with rosemary and lemon mixture. I placed the bone side down to grill first. Remove chicken from grill when juices run clear.

FYI: When I cook, I tend to add a little extra of my favorite seasoning or ingredient

Comments

Popular Posts