Orange Blossoms

Our only little old orange tree is full of fragrant orange blossoms!
It smells heavenly!
Most people blame allergies to the orange blossom, but that is not the case.  Our local allergies at this time of season are caused by mulberry and ash trees.
 Its few small juicy oranges produce the sweetest juice...and I mean sweet!
  We have no idea how old it is, but it surely is dying little by little.
 Hubby has been making sure it's well watered, fertilized and pruning away the old dried branches.  We're hoping that maybe we can keep it for another season, but I think we should start looking to plant another orange tree in our yard. 
I would like to have an orange, pink grapefruit, kumquat and lemon trees in our yard.
 
We did plant our very first lemon tree and luckily, it's doing great!
See the tiny lemons & blossoms!
Hubby loves Lemon Bars and I love to make pink lemonade!


Comments

The scent of the citrus can almost be intoxicating! We have several citrus trees, but the ones I am most excited about and anxious for production are our two lemons. We have a Lisbon and a Meyer. I've been told that Meyer lemons make the most delicious lemonade. Cannot wait to find out for myself!

Popular Posts