3" Hexagons...A New Passion

I have discovered a new passion ~ Hexagons!
 I have always admired and appreciated the artwork of quilting!  The creativity, the hours it takes to put one together and its fine handiwork as well. 
Years ago, I used to make small hand sewn simple block baby quilts as gifts for lots of baby showers.
Lately, I've been thinking about venturing out of my comfort zone and challenge myself in making a different quilt pattern.

Well, I think I have found it in making a hexagon quilt!
I was inspired by Melody's blog ~ The Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap, to give it a try.  After I researched on making a hexagon (quilt) on YouTube and Pinterest and visiting talented hexagon related bloggers, I plunged and gave it a try.

I chose to make 3" hexagons instead of the 1".  The reason being is because I think that if I make things bigger, I can actually finish faster and have a completed project much sooner and feel accomplished...that's just me.
I used this 3" hexagon template from Tim's Printables.
So far, I have put 2 together and I'm pretty happy with the results.  I'm thinking that this might be another baby/child gift.
They're easy and fast to make, and can't wait to see the quilt all put together!

This is one of my many WIPs, and I'm hoping to finish all the others by the end of this week...that is if weather permits me to finally complete them.

Inspire Me Tuesday - A Stroll Thru Life

Comments

Popular Posts