Crafty Plans and Better Days

Calmer Days are here again!
  1. We still have the "brightness issue" with our computer, but I'm not going to worry about it.  Eventually this will be taken care of soon.  
  2. Our family room looks like a storage room, because all of our living/dining room's furniture is crammed in there.  In a week, the tile will be laid, and our home will be home again.
  3. I'll have a very busy weekend coming up helping with our Church's Bazaar.  I'm actually looking forward to this.
  4. Must not forget to drop off a "homemade cake" (not store bought) Friday afternoon at Church for Bake Sale at Bazaar!!!  Yikes...I haven't baked in a long time!!!  Maybe I should bake two for practice.
  5. Since I'm back in town I'm Mommy's chauffeur.  Take this as an opportunity to spend quality time with Mom!  
Note to Self: Turn a negative into a positive.  Stop, close my eyes, take deep a breath, exhale, relax, & SMILE.  Every thing will be fine!!! :-)


Now for the the Crafty Plans...
While out and about "Thrift~ing", I found a big bag full of wine corks!  Once I got home, I selected only the wine corks actually made out of corks (saved the non-corks for another project).  I can make a wine cork wreath, a Christmas garland with added red beads, or ...
these gorgeous wine cork balls I spotted at the Bachman's Fall Ideas House.  In my crazy mind I can see me having a WINE ROOM...hehehe....I can dream!!!
I also found these two packages of ruffled trim.  I know that it will eventually become useful in one of my projects!
I just love the feeling I get when I find excellent treasures while on the hunt for treasures.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Comments

Stacey said…
Sometimes too many little things add up to overwhelming. Don't they? Just take it one thing at a time..that's really all you can do.

I vote for the cork balls. How chic. ;)
Alicia said…
Have you seen the spa-like bath mats that you can make using wine corks? So many different projects I've seen, but thos cork balls are super cute! I see myself having a wine room someday too...or maybe just a wine rack? I'm easy to please :)
GARAGE SALE GAL said…
A wine cork wreath sounds like a great idea! Sometimes I like being busy...makes the days fly by. What color is the tile?
warmly,
deb
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
I remember 3 years ago when we remodeled the entire downstairs except for one room....new flooring through out, new kitchen countertops and sink, new medicine cabinet and lighting in the Powder room......It was a nightmare that i think took me until the beginning of this year to recover from and I worked full time through it all just taking a week of vacation while it was going on!!

Hugs,
Deb
Celestina Marie said…
Hi Oliva, Sounds like you have a lot going on. I understand too well how hectic this can be. The wine cork balls look fabulous. I made little Christmas trees and pumpkins when I found a bag full too. The wreath sounds great.
Have fun and relax when you can. In the end it all seems to work out. The bazaar sounds like fun and have a good time making the cakes.
Happy Halloween. Blessings, cm
Conniecrafter said…
I bet you will be happy to get the house back to shape after the tile is laid. Enjoy that time with your Mom, I would give anything to have my parents back, so many times I wish I could pick up the phone and ask a question or get their opinion or just talk. I like your note to self, I try to do that every day.
Cute project ideas you found, it is so fun to find great deals when out and about, look forward to seeing what you do with your goodies :) Have a great weekend!
Yes take a big deep breath and it will all work out. Being busy is a good thing! Have fun today and enjoy the weekend.
P.S. Thanks for your lovely visits.
Julie xo
decorayadora said…
Qué buenas ideas con corcho , me gusto mucho ese rústico marco de foto

Popular Posts