Scrapooking Old Family Photos

~This is my mother-in-law Caroline (Cally)~

Over the summer one of my goals was to organized and simply scrapbook my Hubby's family's pictures.  For some reason, most of the old family photos were kept in two metal boxes all thrown together and abandoned.  
I sorted them as best as I could with Hubby's help.  I used photo corners to place on the pages, that way they can be easily be removed and we can be able to read some of the notes written on the back of photos.  Sadly the information written on back of photos do not contain enough information to answer several questions: Who? Where? When?
Furthermore, as far a s I know most of the people in the photos are long gone.  Luckily, we are able to recognize my mother-in-law, her two sisters, her parents and grandparents.
My sister-in-law Jan has beautiful penmanship and I'm recruiting her to help me label/notate using a white ink pen below photos.

I love this picture of "Cally"...so very happy and content!  I believe she was about 9 years old.

"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday ~ How Sweet the Sound

Comments

Nice work and so thoughtful. xoxo Su
Kelly-Anne said…
Oh how precious! So wonderful that you're keeping these special family pictures...and beautifully too! Just lovely, Olivia!
Blessings and love...
Kelly-Anne
Celestina Marie said…
Love the vintage photos. They just are such wonderful keepsakes. I cherish mine too. You did a beautiful job of sorting and organizing the pages keeping with the vintage look with those photo corners. Blessings for a special Sunday.
cm
quakerhillfarm said…
You did a great job with the pictures! Love the detail. It really looks like a vintage piece of art work. Have a great week. Lynn
Conniecrafter said…
How wonderful that you are giving those pictures a good home, looks great!

Popular Posts