Wheatberry Salad...Yum

It has been a while since I last tried out making a new dish.
Needless to say, our meals have become a tad boring and predictable.
We were invited to dinner at my brother-in-law's a couple of weeks ago; and Jan, his wife, served us this very delicious vegan salad!
Mom and I loved it!
We think it will make a great new dish to serve for Thanksgiving dinner this year;  and the best part of it is that it can be served at room temperature!
This salad is called Winter Wheatberry Salad with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts.
Even though the name implies it's a wintry dish and it can be served at room temperature; it actually tastes super yummy served cold.  I found out it actually tastes better when it sits in the fridge overnight...the flavors of the vegetables and honey mustard vinaigrette  become tastier.
The only slight change I would make to this recipe would be to caramelized the pecans.
I think it would give the salad a bit of crunchiness.
Are you like me and kind of planning holiday meals ahead of time?

Comments

Popular Posts