Thrifty Find Project

Last summer I found this long piece of vintage crochet edging/border at my local thrift store for about $1!
I had planned to eventually use it somehow.
 Well...the day finally came to take it out of the linen closet, and put it to good use.  I was ready to clean and update our china hutch for the summer.  I like to brighten and lighten up the hutch during spring and summer months.  This is a great way for me to take out and display some of my Milk Glass collection.  
 I just love this picture of our dining room!!!
I used little pieces of Velcro to adhered the crochet edging to the two shelves inside hutch.  It hurt me having to cut it in half!!!
Once I finished the hutch, I also changed the buffet hutch display.
 Glass, crystal, pearls, silver, seashells, ...
I'm so happy how our dining room looks now.  It's very pleasant and so nice to sit here and enjoy our lunch or dinner!

Cozy Little House ~ Tweak It Tuesday #193
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday #198

Comments

Boopnut said…
I love how you have decorated. The crochet strip adds so much to the hutch!
Deb
Thelma said…
Your crochet shelf border is gorgeous. Very well done.
It's nice to make simple changes. I actually crocheted a border for some shelves in my kitchen. That was a couple (or more) years ago and still one shelf to do, but can't remember how I did the border. :/
Your home is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it on SYC! :) Jo
Conniecrafter said…
the lace looks great with your milk glass collection!!
Art and Sand said…
Your dining room looks lovely.

Thanks for sharing with SYC.
Oliva, your dining room is beautiful! I adore handmade lace and always pick it up at estate sales. It added just the perfect touch to your hutch! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann
You have such a pretty dining room Oliva! I love the lace and the way you put it into the hutch.
I hope you have a nice week and holiday.
Hugs, Julie
Hi Olivia, just hopping back to let you know that you will be one of our features at SYC this week.
hugs,
Jann
Oliva Ohlson said…
Thank you Jann!!! What a great way to start a day!!!
Stacey said…
Your dining room is so pretty, Oliva. I like the way you have the table a little sideways and the hutch is beautiful. Love your floor too.

We'd love for you to join us for Thoughts of Home on Thursday. :)

Popular Posts