Sunday, March 29, 2009
The requirements for this swap:
- 6x6 minimum of 2 layers quality cardstock~I used Bazill 12x12 Textured Cardstock "Hollywood"; it has the texture of lemon skin; SU! Blue & White cardstock, Designer Paper
- Minimum of 2 embellishments, more always welcome~Pastel Buttercream Jute twine by All My Memories Goodies; I made the lemon embellishments using SU! Tart & Tangy lemon stamped in SU! Summer Sun ink, which I then glazed with Clear Dimensional Magic to give it shiny wet look; when dried I handcut each lemon and mounted one slice on foam dots for a 3D effect; as a background theme, I stamped lemons all over the recipe and background
- Your designated letter stamped or somewhere on the recipe card~L~ I used my Big Sister's, Pat Honc, reveal gift: Daisy Hill clear ABC stamps; I stamped the L in SU! Glorious Green ink; I also used SU! Totally Tabs stamp set
- Anything that can be done on the grill!!!!!~Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- Please sign your recipe so we know who to thank for the great recipe~Marzipan
One done, 27 to go!!!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Natural Stone Ground Mustard (Plochman's my fave)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- Zest of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 crushed and minced cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste (I use coarse sea salt & freshly ground pepper)
Combine all of the above the ingredients until emulsified. Set aside.
- 6 chicken breasts or 8 chicken thighs/legs (bone-in & skin~more flavor in my opinion)
Place chicken pieces in a 1-gallon size plastic bag. Pour marinade over chicken making sure all pieces are well covered. Refrigerate 3-8 hours and turn bag couple of times so that all chicken pieces are well marinated.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate. Pour the reserved lemon and rosemary mixture into a bowl for basting.
Grill covered chicken for 20-25 minutes on each side depending on your choice of chicken meat, basting with rosemary and lemon mixture. I placed the bone side down to grill first. Remove chicken from grill when juices run clear.
FYI: When I cook, I tend to add a little extra of my favorite seasoning or ingredient
You Are Chirping Birds
You are a very caring person. You especially feel for innocent beings, like animals and children.
You are keyed in to the world and very peaceful. You believe that everyone is connected.
You remain focused and in the moment. You are not easily distracted.
You have a good memory, especially for things that you hear. You listen carefully.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Stop by their blogs and stay awhile visiting!
- Enjoy a cup or 2 of hot coffee at a leisurely time
- Enjoy a stress-free morning
- Skim through the WSJ so I know what Hubby is talking about
- Spend a couple of hours by the pool with a refreshing drink
- Dinner by Oliva~Grilling time!
Our road trip to Vegas was perfect, except that it was so very windy. I think we had winds at 60+mph, which makes it a little difficult maneuvering the car.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
I punched one solid scallop circle & one DP scallop circle to create my paper flower. I then used my very sharp scissors cut a slit between scallops to create the petals. I raised every other petal on the DP flower to give it a 3D effect. I am very pleased with the results!
Just knowing that "our scorching summer" is just around the corner, it makes me yearn for Christmas even more! Luckily, I can get a taste of Christmas once a week by participating in Fab's Christmas card challenges.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
- Sketch Saturday : Sketch #41
- Spoon Full of Sugar: #41 Torn Edges technique
- Color Throwdown: #32~Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Regal Rose
- Arty Girlz: #74 Butterflies
I had a horribly long busy & crazy week at work, and didn't get to stamp all week long. I do believe I went through withdrawals!
SU! Garden Whimsy stamp set, Pretty in Pink & Ruby Red ink stamp pad, sticker rhinestones, ribbon, brads, paper & silk flowers, SU CS, DP, foam dots
- CAS04: accenting with dots; I chose to dot the background of the card using a SU! Itty-Bitty dot stamp
- LSC210: create a card in under 30 minutes! Yikes! I did it in 25 minutes!
I just hope is a baby boy! Parents have decided not to know if the baby will be a girl or boy.