Meeting New Neighbor & Old Vingate Chair

What a great way to meet our neighbors just around the corner from us.
If it had not been for this very old dried up vintage chair, I would have never met my new neighbor Lynn.   We always wave at each other if we happen to be out as we go by each others' home, but never actually meet.  I will never again refer to her as "the lady from the big old red house in the corner".
Lynn decided to clean out her garage while her husband is away on a fishing trip this week, and lucky for me I found this perfect old chair for my garden.
I placed my new chair right outside our backdoor to the backyard.
As I was looking at this picture, I realized that basically everything in it has been a freebie from a garage sale or a curbside freebie: the pot, pine cones and the two blue plates are curbside free finds from different occasions; the two blue plates are old and were made in Romania.  The flat silver spoon I found years ago in front of our street all flattened and crushed.  Instead of throwing it away, I simple stuck it into this pot.
The growing plant is a mystery to me.  I have no idea what it is, and hoping it's not a weed.  I can't remember what I had in the pot last year, but whatever it is, I can't wait to see if it gives me pretty flowers.

Comments

Popular Posts