Christmas Rag Garlands DIY

I couldn't be any happier and so pleased to have taken the time to make these super easy raggedy Christmas garlands!!!

I used what I had in my Christmas theme fabric stash for some years now...odds & ends.  I watched a few different YouTube tutorials on how to make them, and I learned that you can make them as long as you want them to be: from 6 feet to 9 feet long...really it's just up to you.  I cut strips of 1" x 6", and some a little shorter than that...it had to do with how long or wide my scraps of fabric measured.  I used twine I have on hand, and put myself to work while watching TV.

This is my first completed Christmas Rag Garland and I love it...even Hubby liked it!  He always teases me saying that I over decorate blah blah blah...he's a minimalist.

This is actually my third rag garland I made, and decided to use it to decorate my dresser in our bedroom.

And lastly...
my most favorite!!!
A white snowflake rag garland for our china hutch!
I do plan on attaching a 20 light string to it, but I just haven't had the time to do so.  I plan on keeping this garland all through winter, and add some hanging snowflakes to it as well.

Now that I have put a dent to my fabric stash, it gives me the opportunity to go shopping for more fabric without the guilt!!!

Comments

Popular Posts