Crotchet and Crimped Flower Rosette

CAS: Clean & Simple Cards

Last year it seemed that crotchet flowers were all the raged, and I never got a chance to make one.
As I was getting ready to go back to my knitting, I noticed this tiny crotchet flower at the bottom of my yarn basket. I abandoned all thought of knitting and made this card instead.

And I also made this card using a crimped flower rosette following Dawn Olchefske's tutorial.
Talk about a small world! Dawn and I were at the same Stampin' Up Regional in Phoenix, where one of the ladies demonstrated how she created this rosette.

I embossed the edges of the rosette with Barely Banana to give it a vintage look.

Stamps: SU! Small Script & Vintage Vogue
Paper: SU! Barely Banana & White card stock, designer paper
Ink: Barely Banana, Rose Red
Accessories: scallop punch, handmade crotchet flower by yours truly, buttons, paper crimper

Comments

Mimi said…
Those are amazing!!!
I would buy those from you!!!
Love them!!!
You should take up crocheting again!!!
hugs,
jamie

Popular Posts