Cleaning Makeup Brushes & DIY

Great News!!!
I'm golfing today and our weather couldn't be absolutely perfect!!!  I'm going to take it easy though, so I don't re-injure my left arm/shoulder which is feeling 90% so much better.

 My post for today is about keeping my makeup brushes clean and it's super important & hygienic for your skin!  I have been wanting to do this in awhile, but something would always come up.
I'm embarrassed to say I had not cleaned my brushes since I've had them (years!!!).

I simply used running warm water and baby shampoo to wash each brush.  I squeezed a little shampoo unto the palm of my hand, and then I took my wet brush and twirled it and scrubbed it gently into palm.  I repeated this process several times until water ran cleared.
Here they are squeaky clean!!!
 I used an old clean towel to squeeze the excess water from each brush, and then I laid them out on our patio table to completely dry.  I did this on a very sunny and deliciously warm day.

I badly needed a little glass jar I could display/keep my makeup brushes, and finally found one.
It actually is a recycled candle glass little jar from the Dollar Tree.
Once the candle completely burned out, I thoroughly washed the glass and upcycled it!  After watching several YouTube tutorials on how to create a Mercury Glass Look.
I'm actually pretty happy with the result, but I think a little more practice is called for.  It wasn't messy or difficult to do at all!
I'm sorry to say you might be seeing a lot more Mercury Glass Look DIY's from me in future posts...and I have lots of glass vases/jars!!!

The best thing to hold unto in life is
each other.
via Pinterest

Comments

Conniecrafter said…
Great upcycle you have done there, I love mercury glass

Popular Posts