Valentine Snail Mail

Two weeks ago, I finally had the motivation and created a little Valentine gift in my dusty and forgotten craft room.
My intention was to make Valentine cards for all of my dear and close family and friends.  Unfortunately I only had the energy and time to make just one.  The good thing about this experience is that it has made me spend at least 20-30 minutes daily in my craft room and has motivated me to work on more crafts.  Not only that, it has also made me blog again...it's a start!
 While organizing one of my "crafts" closet, I came across a stack of CD covers/holders (chipboard) I've had for years!!!  The idea struck me that I could use them to create a kind of pocket card with them.
I had so much fun working on this card!  I used all kinds of embellishments, used up scrap paper and ribbon and stickers, and...

~D for Deb~ 
This is the first page as you open the card all decorated sweetly for my friend.
In the upper right hand corner, you can see the little folded note card for Deb; and I used a heart sticker to keep it sealed.

 This is the second page of the card with a with a beautiful quote by Eleanor Roosevelt.  I finally had a chance to use this very pretty lace and applied it to the edge of the flap/pocket.
 I created this cute layered tag.  Tea bags tucked under each layer.

This was my very first attempt at making a wand and I was so happy how it turned out!!!  I used a cupcake liner for part of the flower and a plastic straw for the wand.  I also made the small distressed layered flower.
 I added all kinds of heart-related goodies for Deb to use as she sees fit.  I included a little shaker pocket (lower right hand corner) filled with love.
To make the shaker I cut a pocket from a baseball card holder.  I filled the plastic pocket with confetti, hearts, sentiment and sealed it with pretty Washi Tape.
Deb loves Mary Engelbreit, and I included a teapot pin for her to add to her collection.

I want daisies in my hair,
Peace in my soul, and
Love in my Heart.
~unknown

Comments

Conniecrafter said…
Love the truck load of hearts and such a cute pocket card, so sweet!
Barbara said…
What beautiful cards and crafts. You are so very creative. I wouldn't have a clue where to begin.

Popular Posts