Goodbye August & New To Us Lawn Chairs

It seemed to me like August would never end!
Which I'm glad because usually for me the month of August simply flies by so quickly.  On the other hand, I realized that the next four months are usually the busiest time for me and for everyone else as well...but fun, too!

DIY
At the beginning of this summer, I found three Adirondack chairs by the end of one of our neighbors' driveway curb with a for FREE sign.
I wasted no time in piling them in the trunk and back seat of the car and brought them home with me.
Happy Day!!!
 After
The above picture is of two of the chairs after I painted them (about a week ago).
Yes.  It took me about 3 months to paint them.  The last three months have been pretty chaotic around here, but more on that for another post.

 This is the third chair which I have not painted yet, but it's in great condition.  This chair folds to store away, and as of now is in our backyard.
I'm trying to create a little quiet place or nook where I can place this chair "for one" in the backyard.
Before
 Here are the two chairs before I painted them.
The chairs were in great condition, just a tad loose and wobbly and in need of a fresh coat of paint.

 I used Rust-Oleum Door Paint Cranberry Satin for metal and wood.
 The wood was so dried.  It took several coats for the wood to fully absorb the paint.  I made sure to do a thorough job of painting the chairs...top & under.  
Confession:
I haven't had much experience with painting.  I used to find this task pretty daunting!
I have now painted both sides of our front door, entry closet door and the baseboards as well...I'm fearless now!

 Ta-dah!!!
 I'm so pleased I took the time to do a good job at painting the chairs!
Once the chairs dried completely, they became very sturdy and firm...no more wobbliness.
I placed these two chairs by the front south side of our house.
They're not just for curb appeal, but to actually sit and enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts