Thrifty Finds Decor

Estate and garage sales were not easy to find this summer.  I think the main reason was we had very rainy weekends, which made it impossible to browse freely.
The few weekends that I was able to find a sale here and there, I was lucky to find a few treasures though!
This corner hutch top was empty for the longest time.  Most of the time it held a lonely plant.
This summer I was able to actually create a pretty vignette or tablescape with all thrifted items.
The white and blue vases I found at different sales super cheaply.
The silver tray was absolutely horribly tarnished but at a great price.  I brought it home and gave it a good cleaning with regular toothpaste and O M G it ended up so shiny and like new!
The two little birdies are from another sale at a dollar each.  Oh yes...the lonely plant doesn't look so lonely now. 

I think the corner hutch finally looks finished and so much better.
The round silver tray on the top shelf was also thrifted for about $2; and it was in the same horrible condition as the top tray.
Believe me when I say that toothpaste works really well when cleaning tarnished silver pieces.
The reproduction wood radio on the table on the right of the hutch was a freebie from one of our family members.  It actually belonged to her dad.
The little white applique oval mirror is also from a sale at $1.  The frame is made out of plastic, but you have to really look closely at it to tell the difference.
I think it goes so well here with the family vintage wash basin and pitcher.
The one vintage hand towel hanging from the left side handle of the antique wash stand actually belonged to my late mother-in-law.  The other one I found at a sale last summer.
The small needlework pillow/cushion is from another sale from last summer.  It was brand new in it was stored in it's own packaging.  I can't remember how I paid for it.

I love this huge tall vase I found this summer at a estate sale for $12 (it was $18, but I was given a 30% off).  I rarely pay more than $10 for thrifted items, unless I have to have it!  The greenery came with it too.
 The artichoke is from several summers ago from another sale.  I like it, but I just can't seem to find a great place for it around the house.  I'm thinking of taking it with me back to our AZ home...just maybe there it will find a perfect spot.

The golden spheres are from last summer at a great garage sale down the street from our home.  I came home with a very heavy and huge box filled to the brim with these gorgeous Christmas glass ball ornaments all from PierI, and I paid $10 for the box.
I'm displaying the spheres making sure I hide the hanging part of it.
The brass lamp was a freebie from my brother-in-law and his wife.  Over two years ago they totally redecorated their home, and this pretty brass lamp with the new burlap shade came to us.  BTW...the round basket on the brass coffee table is also from them...another freebie!
Talking about freebies...the standing lamp is also another freebie from another family member.
Most of the picture frames on the antique pie crust table I found at sales at well.
Now this pretty handmade needlework frame I found last weekend at a sale for only $1.
I don't know what you call the needlework, but I think it's lovely and I thought it goes perfectly right on the mantle above my big vase.


As of right now, I'm pretty happy how everything in our living room is.  I feel like it's finally completed.
If you spot any crochet doilies, are all from sales, estates or thrift stores I rescued from.

There's a few things I would like to change.  For example, I would love to have a matelasse fitted sofa cover for our old couch; and be able to roll out our nice area rug (stored due to naughty little doggie that refuses to learn where to go potty!!!); have the framed watercolor painting cleaned professionally; and so many other little details on my wish list.

As you can see, our summer home has a very eclectic décor.  I love how most everything here goes so well and complement each other; but the best part of it, it truly makes me feel happy and at peace.
Share Your Cup Thursday #303

Comments

Unknown said…
Love everything! Top of corner cabinet is beautiful

Popular Posts