Table Top Tuesday

I finally had a chance to redo the baker's rack in the dining room to a more summery look. 
I love glass, crystal and silver and I think it gives a look of coolness!  I placed a few seashells to give it that summer look.  The silver platter belonged to Hubby's parents, and was lovingly used.  My mother-in-law's credo: "Every day is special!  So use it!" 
Note to self: work on that lampshade...

Our dining room is a small in size and cannot fit our china hutch, so I opted for a baker's rack.  The table can seat up to 12, but I keep it at 4-6.

A few of my pitchers in like colors make the third shelf vignette.  I have always had a fondness for pitchers.  I think it makes serving cold drinks more graceful. 
Would you like lemonade or ice cold sweet tea?

A set of baskets.  The bigger set holds wine/champagne corks for a future craft, and the smaller basket holds our blood pressure cuff...got to keep it out of sight until needed!


I placed a set of oval platters on the top shelf.  As you can see, none of the shelves have a glass top.  I'm working on getting that taken care of...soon...hopefully before summer is over...

Please stop by Marty's Table Top Tuesday and visit her and others' creative tabletops.

Thank you for stopping by~
Oliva

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oliva your dining room looks so nice! I think the bakers rack was a great choice for this room with it's open shelving it makes the room look larger.

Hope you are keeping cool-gosh is it hot here-100 today- we don't have air conditioning in most of the shops and homes so it makes it a bit tough to stay cool!

Popular Posts