I finally dusted the old Singer sewing machine and put myself to work!
I practiced my amateurish sewing skills and ended up making nine pillowcases. The best part of it was that I used up all of my measly fabric stash here in MN, which gives me license to start collecting more for next summer!!!
I made this simple pillowcase here using this very pretty fabric, and
I crochet the border edge using this pattern here.
I also made four flannel pillowcases using the 15-minute Magical Pillowcases using The Twiddletails Blog tutorial.
For these pillowcases I used vintage binding instead of the trim fabric.
Here are two standard pillowcases (bottom). I used red ric-rac on one, and for the other I crochet a border edge using this pattern here (#118).
For the top pillowcase I used the Magical Pillowcase (as above) method, and I added a "prairie point" border using lots of fabric scraps; and added more ric-rac to finish it off!
My last regular pillowcase. I added the always handy eyelet trim...simple and "sew" easy!
I can add French Seams, prairie points and the magical pillowcase method to my sewing repertoire now ;-)