Crochet Flower Bookmarks

I came across a really cute and easy crochet bookmark pattern made by Lulu Loves.
I followed Lulu's pattern to a "T" (...or so I thought😕), but for some reason my crochet flower ended up with 6 petals instead of 5!  Also, I only used one strand of yarn.
Anyways, I loved making these bookmarks, and will become a great little gift to friends who still love reading real books.

I used cotton yarn and I made one from regular yarn.  The cotton yarn bookmarks in my opinion were much better.  This was a great project to make, because it made me used all of my cotton yarn leftovers!  It's time to shop for more...yipeee!!!

One of my favorite authors is Susan Witting Albert.  I love her China Bayles Mystery books, which I've read most of them.  She now has a series of books called The Darling Dahlias, which I absolutely love, and can't wait for her next book to come out!!!

 I added a button to the yellow bookmark, and I plan on doing the same with the others; but I couldn't find any cute ones from my button stash to go on the other flowers.

I decided to clean out my small MN yarn stash last week, and start shopping for new yarn.  I kind of get bored working with the same leftover yarn over and over again; but can't bring myself to throwing it away or donating it.  I just never know if I may need a little bit of yarn to crochet something small or finish up a project. 

"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are."
~Mason Cooley

Comments

Conniecrafter said…
they will make great gifts!
Barbara said…
What cute little bookmarks. You're right, they will make great little gifts. I'll check out Susan Witting Albert' s books. Right now I'm read in old-1970's Phyllis Whitney books. My husband thinks the quote on reading is perfect for or me. Enjoy your search for new yarn.
Stephanie said…
My dear Oliva, these bookmarks are simply the sweetest! What lovely and thoughtful gifts they will make.

Thank you for the sweet visit to my blog the other day. I am sorry to hear you will not be able to participate in the exchange this time, but I completely understand. Thinking of you, dear one.

Love and hugs!

Popular Posts