Snowy Glass Jar Luminaries

This is how I decorated the downstairs' mantle for our family's post-Thanksgiving dinner get-together on the cheap!
I made snowy glass jar luminaries.
I apologize for not taking a picture when all of the luminaries and candles were lit...it did look so pretty and wintry festive...I was just too busy having a great time.  I have decided that from now on, a family member will be designated to take pictures at these type of gatherings.
We played games, talked, laughed and had a wonderful time together.

The glass jar luminaries were so easy to make and cheap, too.
I saved as many glass jars as possible over the summer...washed them and removed the labels (soaked jars in hot soapy water).  Each glass jar was brushed with a coat of Mod Podge, and then completely covered in Epsom Salts and left to dry for a while.
Now, the Epsom Salts I bought at Walgreen's which was my last stop in search for this item.  It was a major search in finding Epsom Salts like I used to remember from a while back--coarse granules.  I guess these type of salts are being made finer now.
I was thinking that maybe next time I make these luminaries, I could use coarse salt instead.
Anyways, I'm happy with the way they turned out.

Here's how the luminary looks with a lit tea light.  I filled the jar with some of the remaining Epsom Salts to sit the tea light or votive candle.

Family makes life MERRIER.

Comments

Conniecrafter said…
Great thinking ahead, they looked great on your mantle

Popular Posts