Winter Cross Stitching

Last May I started cross stitching a winter sampler, and meant to get it done before Christmas.  I didn't quite meet my goal, but I did get it done before the end of 2019! 
 It's a Michaela Learner freebie cross stitch chart (Winter Sampler) I found via Facebook's Cross Stitching Guild last May.  I was lucky to have made a copy of the chart, because it's no longer available.  I also did a searched for it with no luck.
I was inspired to fully finish it off by Priscilla.  Priscilla is absolutely talented in displaying all of her cross stitched work; and has a YouTube video where she shows exactly how she does; actually she has other videos that she shares her techniques with us.

First of all, I stitched on red 14 count Aida.
To display my 2019 Winter Sampler, I covered thick cardboard with batting and black gingham fabric (10"x10").  The second piece of thick cardboard is also covered in batting and measures 9"x9", and then covered it with the stitched sampler.
I chose to use a crochet border edging instead of trim or ribbon.  About 3 years ago, I crochet several different edgings using leftover crochet cotton thread.  The white berry winter picks are from Michaels (after Christmas sales), I made the satin white ribbon bow, and the metal snowflake is an embellishment from my stamping stash. 
I'm very pleased how it turned out being this my first sampler.


I am so glad I pushed myself to finish it before the New Year!
I feel very accomplished!

Comments

It's really pretty. I'm a fan of samplers. And of using one color for the stitching. Congrats on finishing! It will be lovely displayed during the holidays and winter months.

Popular Posts