Winter is...

 Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home. 
~ Edith Sitwell
 My winter snow village (in our TV Room) is growing a bit more every year.
After the holidays I simply remove any Christmassy decorations to my winter village.  As I find more wintry reminders, I keep adding it to this Tablescape.
I also make sure it stays lit day and night to keep the blues away.
 The oil lamp is a new addition this year.  I found it a nearby garage sale about two months ago for $5.  The glass trees are from last year … also another thrifty find.  I would like to find one more glass tree in a smaller or taller size.  I filled them with Epsom salts.
 A little bonus … 
I hung last year's winter mitten garland (I found last year at Target's dollar spot) on our TV cabinet. I added snowflakes and some dried orange slices I made this season.
The crochet runner is a gift from my neighbor Barbara across the street.  She is an avid crochet hooker person!  I thought it added a snowy touch to this area.

I'm discovering that I'm enjoying winter!  It gives me a chance to slow down and appreciate the cycle of life.  I know I'm lucky that where I live, our winters are very mild compared to other places of the world.  It also helps a lot that I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn, and hit the road to get to work on time in freezing conditions anymore … brrr…!!!

Comments

You winter village looks so pretty and perfect to look at for the winter months.

Popular Posts