Welcome 2020

Happy New Year!

I am so happy for a New Year in my life, and hoping for the best positive year ever!
The last two years have been horrid!!!

I simply can't believe what a whirlwind happy Christmas season we had with family and good health and lots of rest.

I was able to do a little crafting in between, but not much.  So sad to say that another Christmas went by without me making our own Christmas cards to mail out to family and close friends.  This New Year I will work on getting back to stamping, which I greatly miss doing, and continue to learn and experience new things.

Taking advantage of our local abundant citrus season here in Arizona, 
 and Hubby's new air fryer/dehydrator (a Christmas gift from me to him),
I gathered as many oranges as I could, and dehydrated them for:
 some winter decorations, 
 strung up a dried orange slices for a garland I had been wanting to make for years!!!
 Here's my first finished dried orange garland, which I think it looks great!!!
 I used the orange sliced ends to make a simmering potpourri for our home.  I added cinnamon sticks, fresh rosemary sprigs, anise stars and whole cloves.  Our home has been smelling pretty fresh.
With some of the extra sliced dried orange slices, I added them to this candle holder (LED candle). 
 I also poke whole cloves into several oranges.  This is something I had been wanting to do for years!

I am continuing to dehydrate more orange slices for another garland.  This new garland will be more elaborate and will have bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, anise stars, cranberries, and as soon as the lemons and grapefruit is ready for picking, I will dehydrate some.

I spent one evening watching DIY YouTube channels for ideas, and I decided that it would be easy to make.

I apologize if I'm all over the place, but it's hard to get back to posting after a long absence.

Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Comments

Happy 2020. It looks like you have been busy this month with doing some DIY's. Have fun.
Row. said…
Love and enjoyed doing most of these things yearly

Popular Posts