Altered Cigar Box

I wanted to share with you the cigar box I altered for my Bloggerette Sorority Sister Ann.
We both participated in Karen's Fall Findings Cigar Box Swap. We were to altered a cigar box and personalize it as close as possible to our Sister.

I love cigar boxes but can't bear to cover up its unique art. So I bought a plain wooden cigar box at Michael's and decoupaged it using fall designer paper. I used fall theme embellishments to decorate the lid, and made the paper flower using my border edge punch. Ann is from Kansas, so I thought that the flower would hopefully pass by as a sunflower...

I covered the inside and outside of the box. I noticed that Ann likes vintage ephemera and went to Cora's Clearly Vintage and searched for some great pictures.

I filled the inside with fall goodies and supplies for Ann to make tags. She creates great tags.

I used this sticker lace and applied it to go around the outside of the lid.
I really had so much fun participating in this amazing swap!
One thing I learned about making this box was that I love to decoupage! It's so much fun and so easy! This may sound sick, but I just love the smell of it too!!!

Comments

Popular Posts