At the State Fair

 Couple of weeks ago, Hubby and I went to the Minnesota State Fair and it was awesome!  This was my first time going there.
Due to the warm and humid morning/day, we were able to stay for just a couple of hours, but we got to do and see some interesting and fun things.
 One thing that I really enjoy when going to the fair is to see the ROOSTERS.
 There were several handsome roosters!
 I wish I could have one as a pet!
 There were several very exhausted students sleeping while at the job!  Poor things, it was rather miserable (warm and stifling) at the barns.
 Of course, we couldn't leave the fair without getting to visit these gorgeous Clydsdales!  They're treated like royalty!
 Very interesting food at the fair!
Hubby and I just went for a Pronto Pup and shared a Grain Belt Premium beer.  For dessert we had lingonberry ice cream, which I thought tasted just like strawberry ice cream.
 We took the Sky Ride, and I was very impressed as to how big the fair actually is. 
Hubby and I are not fans at all of the crazy rides, but we were willing to try the slide.  Unfortunately, by the time we got to the slide, there was a huge line and by then it was just too too hot to wait in line!
This was the winning pumpkin at 881.5 pounds!!!  Wow!!!
 
I hope that we get to go again next year and have good weather, so that we can spend most of the day there! 
Maybe next year I'll try some weird fair delicacy!


Comments

Beca said…
I think that 800 pound pumpkin definitely deserves some kind of prize. Wow! Sounds like you had a good time. Enjoy the nice weather while you still can.

Popular Posts