Pink Saturday

It's a beautiful rainy cool Saturday fallish morning and I plan to make the most of today!
 
 In early May I stopped at a neighborhood garage sale and found these beautiful handmade crochet pillowcases!
 The owner of these pillowcases received them as a wedding gift over 50 years ago!  She never ever used them and she had them stored away since then.
I paid $5 for the set.  I came home, washed, ironed and put them away; and then I thought to myself "Nope, I'm using them"!
 
Someone took the time to make them, and someone finally will appreciate all the hard work put into them!
 
Just a Gentle Reminder:
 


Comments

LV said…
You did the right thing by using them. Why have something if you cannot enjoy it. I have many crochet things I inherited from my family, and they are all over my house.
Hi Oliva,

I have a pair identical to this except the flowers are yellow...they were not in good condition but the crochet edging was still good.

I'm glad you decided to use them! So many people keep beautiful stuff stored away for special occasions. I say that everyday is a special occasion! ♥

Oh, and I'm visiting for PiNk Saturday.

I'd love to have you pop in for a visit when you have a moment.

Hugs,
Steph ♥
Patty Antle said…
What a great find! Love the pillowcases and that you are using them instead of putting them away. Hope you enjoyed your Saturday!
Good morning Olivia, I so agree. They were a wonderful but and I love the roses. Hand made is the best you can get. Enjoy them, I sure would.

Happy Pink Saturday.
xo, Jeanne
OOPs.' A wonderful BUY. Silly me.
me again! Smile.

Popular Posts