Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine Par-tay

I added a few touches of pink to our bedroom to welcome February.
I found this tiny porcelain shoe at a garage sale and liked it right away.  It looks great next to my little glass jewelry pot that holds my pinkish pearl strand and earrings.
As I was organizing my craft closet, I came across the gorgeous pink dress tag I received from a tag swap.  I think it looks perfect on my dresser.

 
These two oval embroidered flower frames belonged to my late mother-in-law.  My father-in-law gave them to me.  I always wonder if her mother or who in her family made them.  I'll never find out; both are gone now.
The glass are missing from both frames and I always forget to replace it.

 

 On my side of the bed, I put together a night stand using my mother-in-law's suitcase, which I place on top of a suitcase rack.

I received this very pretty cross-stitched dresser scarf from my Aunt.  She made it herself, and she also crochet the edging.  I don't know what type of flower it is.  It looks to me like a hibiscus.  She does very delicate work.


 Here's Oliver taking a mid-morning nap on my very favorite pink quilt over our bed that my Mom gave to me several years ago.  I love how soft and cozy it has become over the years.
 I apologize for this picture.  I took it with my phone, but I almost forgot this pretty pinkish wreath I've had for many years.  The little rosebuds are made from silk and it's so dainty.
 
Well, I think this is enough pink for our bedroom, or else Hubby will not sleep in our bedroom...too girly..LOL!
 
Please stop by Laurie's Valentine's Par-tay to check out more Valentine inspirations.
 

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet porcelain shoe. I love all of your beautiful vintage perfume bottles, and that tag is so pretty. Thank you for linking your pretty bedroom to my party. Happy Valentine's Day! laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting & taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments are so very much appreciated! XOXO