7 Layer Salad

I made this salad for a family get-together dinner at mom's last week.
I wanted to make it a little special and not just a big tossed salad.  It's an easy salad to prepare and it always looks so good!
You can use 7 of your favorite salad vegetables (or more) and thinly slice, shred or grate them.  Of course, you must use a clear dish that is big enough to hold the ingredients so the colorful layers can be seen through.
 
I used the following ingredients:
~shredded lettuce
~grated carrots
~thinly sliced red onion
~frozen early harvest petite peas
~sliced radishes
~sliced mushrooms
~cherry tomatoes
~sliced bell pepper (your choice of red, yellow, orange or green)
 
For this salad, I chose to serve it with Lemon Dressing:
*1/4 cup olive oil
*2 tablespoons lemon juice
*1/2 teaspoon sugar
*1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/8 teaspoon pepper
 

 Shake all ingredients in a tightly covered Mason jar.  I quadrupled the recipe so that each person could pour over their salad to their taste.
Enjoy!





Comments

That is just beautiful!
This is such a beautiful salad, and I like the sound of your lemon dressing better than the mayo spread that most recipes call for. I've made this salad many times over the years, but then it gets parked in the back lot of my brain, and I forget about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Popular Posts