Preparing for Christmas: Crochet Wreath Ornaments

Crochet Wreath Christmas Tree Ornaments

Early in June I started working on some Christmas crafts.  These DIY ornaments are a repeat from last year's Christmas crafts.  I really enjoyed making these, that I decided to make a lot more for this coming Christmas.
  I used Mason Jar rings, wooden curtain rings, brass rings (macrame rings), old bracelets from the 80's-90's, and whatever I could find.
My sister is a regular Goodwill shopper, and always finds for me some of these items.  Thanks Sissy!

Here are some I have decorated using all kinds of ephemera...from vintage to new:
 I went through my Christmas button pins' jewelry box, and used some to decorate wreaths.  It was hard to part with some of these adorable buttons that I've had for years; and were given to me by friends.
 Lisa, a fellow teacup swap partner send me a whole bag filled with the red Scrabble tiles, and I finally had a chance to use them.  I was able to spell out about 10-12 Christmas related words using these tiles.  I glued the words onto popscicle sticks.
  The leaves and other ornaments on most of the wreaths are vintage that I had been saving (floral supplies).
The crochet patterns are simply random.  I didn't use any patterns...I just winged it as I saw fit.  I used stitches I already knew from memory.
 The little white and gold hanging bell on the left ornament, is actually an earring from a set I own.  I decorated one green wreath to see how it would turn out, and I have to say I love it!  Sequins, vintage leaves and buttons were the finishing touches.
The wreath on the left you has another of my pins, more Scrabble words, and red gingham ribbon.  The wreath on the right, I kept simple by using more vintage leaves and a decorated wooden star.
These wreaths were made using yarn.  I added a crochet chain loop to each to hang easily (about 15-20 stitches).
 I have also been working on other different ornaments...like the crochet jute, snowflakes and religious wreaths.
These make perfect little gifts for love ones during Christmas time.  They can be added to cards, part of the wrapped gifts, favors, or simply to decorate your own tree.

🎜It's beginning to cost a lot like Christmas🎝

Comments

Conniecrafter said…
Wow these are all fantastic, I love the scrabble tile idea and so neat they were already red!
I love all of your pretty ornaments that you are crocheting as a christmas ornament.

Popular Posts