Fun Day

Yesterday was a gorgeous day to stay couped up inside the house, so Cousin Laura (cousin from another mother...actually Hubbies' cousin) and I met at her place and had a Girlz Day or afternoon!
Before leaving my house I took pictures of our end-of-the-season daylilies in bloom, and 
our row of blooming hostas!

Before getting to Cousin Laura's, I just had to make a quick pit stop at a garage sale!
 Christmas goodies at great prices.  A brand new tablecloth, garlands, ornaments, and some vintage Christmas cookie cutters; all going home with me to Arizona!
When I arrived at Cousin Laura's, I tempted her to go and do a little garage sale-ing in her neighborhood; and of course she agreed...more on that on a later post to come...

 After our little shopping adventure, we returned to her home and sat down to watch Thelma & Louise.  Believe it or not, I had never had the chance to watch this movie; and I was not disappointed...loved Susan Sarandon's performance.
I hadn't had a Girlz get-together in a while, and it was really good for my soul!

 By the time I got home and finally had a chance to put my feet up (oh yes...it was such an exhausting day 😉), I remembered I had found a skein of cotton yarn at one of the garage sales for 25¢.  So while catching up with two of my favorite shows on TV: The Sinner with Jessica Biel & Project Runway; I ended up making a very simple pink single crochet dishcloth, 3 flower pink bookmarks and a tiny 4-petal pink flower to eventually embellish a project.
Like I mentioned before...It was a gorgeous day as it is today...so blessed.

~Worry ends, when FAITH begins~

Comments

Roseann Hampton said…
Sounds like a fun time with lots of great deals!
GARAGE SALE GAL said…
It was a wonderful weather day yesterday! Summer has flown by! Pretty pink flower book marks. You are very creative with yarn!
deb
Conniecrafter said…
it does sound like a perfect day, we need to just get out with our friends and have a fun day! Wow it is great all that you made with 25 cents!

Popular Posts