Stitching Love

I am done with Hands On Design's A Year of Celebrations for the month of Februaryyippee!!!
Honestly I didn't think I was going to finish it.  My first try on 32 count Dirty Belfast linen was put aside because I kept making so many mistakes and kept 
🐸!

I finally gave it up and started it all over on a different linen from my stash that I could actually see the threads.
The funny thing is that it wasn't the Dirty Belfast linen's fault, it were my eyes … lol.  I had my eyes checked, and I now have new upgraded prescription glasses … yay!  What a difference it has made … unbelievable … wait to you see my March's stitchy project month actually done on the 32 count Dirty Belfast linen.  Yes … March is all done.

Once I finished February's cross stitch I knew exactly how I wanted to display it.
I found the corrugated metal heart decoration at Hobby Lobby last month (at 50% off).  Again I was inspired by Priscilla's framing style of displaying her needle work.  I used batting to mount my needle work onto a 4.5" x 4.5" squared piece of sturdy cardboard (I save my cereal and cracker boxes).  Then I made a ruffle out of a long piece of tiny polka dotted fabric I found in my fabric stash, and sewed it to the back.  Unfortunately I didn't have a piece of black gingham fabric for the ruffle.  I think it would have looked much better.
I used Velcro to attached my finished frame to heart ornament using Velcro.  It can be easily removed if I wish to change it.  Priscilla uses metal washers and magnets to attach her finished work onto different displays.  I had planned to do that, but couldn't find any washers amongst Hubby's tools and stuff; so now I need to make a pit stop at my nearest hardware store.

I feel very accomplished … and now on to my WIPs basket and carry on!

Note:  I apologize if you're not able to leave a comment.  I'm trying to figure it out!!!

Comments

Rachel said…
I had 'fun' with my February piece too so you weren't the only one who was plagued by frogs for a while! But I'm glad it's all sorted now. Your finish is lovely and your fully-finish totally different. It's given me another idea, so time for a trip to Hobbycraft methinks! :)
Suzanne H said…
How sweet this is. I love the finishing and I'm glad you kept going despite those pesky frogs!

Popular Posts