A Belated Birthday Gift

 This easy square patch quilt took me years to complete.
I had all the squares stitched together, but not quilted.  Initially it was a gift for my nephew Anthony when he was in Kindergarten or first grade.  He picked the fabric all by himself.
Now Anthony is all grown up and a Daddy!
His little boy Julian just turned 4 years old, and I thought it would be the perfect time to finish this quilt and give it to him.
His parents loved it, and Julian was just happy to open up another birthday gift.
The backing is really great quality heavy flannel fabric I found at an estate sale for a whole $1.  It was a little over 2 yards.  It was a great thrifty find from last summer.

The reason I never finished it, was because at that time my Hubby got ill.  I took care of him for several years while I was working 3-4 jobs at one time.  Honestly when I think back, I have no idea how I did it.  All I can say is that having Faith in God and letting him take charge was my saving grace.

Comments

Conniecrafter said…
Oh that makes this quilt extra special that it was picked out by his own Daddy, great that you were able to finish it.
It is true when we go through hard times and then look back we can only say by the grace of God did I get through all of that.

Popular Posts