Some Christmas Baking

  Every year for Halloween we always get a couple of pumpkins.  This year I only brought one home.  Right before Thanksgiving Hubby cuts it up and then I cook it.
 I use the cooked pumpkin for Pumpkin cookies, 
  Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Pies and if there's some leftover, Hubby makes delicious Pumpkin Soup.
 Hubby uses his machete to cut up...I mean massacred the poor pumpkin(s).
This was my very first cookbook ever.  I bought it for myself when I was in High School.  Whenever I'm in doubt about a recipe, I go back to this book and check it out.  There is one particular recipe that I will never try again (Russian Tea Cakes).  They just didn't turn out well.
 I always use the Pumpkin Bread recipe from this Betty Crocker cookbook.  One time I strayed from this recipe, and boy was I sorry...everyone let me know!   
 This is the Pumpkin Cookies recipe.
For the icing or glaze, I used this recipe which is super good.

Brown Sugar Glaze:
3 TBSP. butter
½ cup packed brown sugar
4 TBSP. milk
1 cup powdered sugar

Combine butter, brown sugar, and milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently (be sure to not let it boil over). Remove from heat, and let mixture cool off. While the mixture is still slightly warm, add the powdered sugar and whisk vigorously until no lumps remain. Drizzle over pumpkin cookies.
...and I finally found a place to hang my Christmas apron.  The hanging Christmas decorated tree is a gift from our youngest nephew Jacob.
Jacob

~When what to my wondering eyes should appear...
But 10 extra pounds on
HIPS, THIGHS & REAR~

Comments

Popular Posts