Summer Good-bye

My summer has come to an end, and I'm saddened by it.  This summer here in MN has been the best one so far!
Hubby and I did a lot of fun things together...visited new places, learned new things, tried out several different style restaurants and foods, and acquired a taste for local craft beers.  In other words, we did what we had planned on doing this summer, that is to go out and get to know the Cities!

We also made a point to spend more time out in our backyard and really enjoy the great weather we had this summer.  On most days, we sat here and had our pre-dinner cocktail(s), and if we were lucky enough we usually had a neighbor or two stop by and visit with us.  Blessed!

The best part of summer for me was finally conquering my phobia of venturing out on my own, without being fearful of getting lost or losing my sense of direction (even with GPS).  You probably think this is a very silly thing to fear, but for me it was very nerve wrecking and made me feel very anxious and panicky; especially driving on the freeways and highways and battling the traffic.  So yes this fear has limited my sense of adventure, but no more!

Now that we are getting ready to go home for the winter, I'm thinking of the many things we or myself can do next summer that we didn't get a chance to do this year: museums, theater, concerts, day trips, ...

Now that summer is over I feel guilty I didn't do more gardening in making this area prettier; but it is what it is, and next year I can plan on it.

Now that I think of it, it was actually a good thing I didn't spend my time doing so.  I would never have been able to take the time and relax.

I tend to sit for about 5 minutes, and then get up and start pulling a weed here, transplanting a plant there, trimming a tree, and so on...and never just sit and relax.  I think I finally learned to "stop and smell the roses" or the phlox in this case!

I'm so thankful and blessed I made new friendships this year, spent time with friends who came to visit, made more time for family, and the best part is that I'm in good health and able to find joy in life.

Comments

Ann said…
Haven't stopped by in awhile, where do you go back home to? I love your backyard space and the pretty flowers and plants. Your sitting area is so cozy!! It's so enjoyable to plan next years garden--have fun.
ann
GARAGE SALE GAL said…
You did good this summer! I need to post about our craft day this weekend! Have fun in AZ!
warmly,
deb
Sounds like a pretty awesome summer. Yes to craft beers. :) I'm always getting lost, even with GPS, so you are not alone. I'm not fearful of it as I know it is bound to happen. Ha!
Boopnut said…
I love your yard! I am terrified of driving where I don't know my way, and I hate freeways when I have to change lanes and find my ramp, etc. Hope you are still around in November!
Deb
Conniecrafter said…
Glad you had such a great summer, and that you were able to overcome the fear of getting lost when out and about. I am nervous about going over to St. Louis alone, I do get worked up with all that traffic, but I am able to deal with it when my hubby is by my side and help me navigate that's for sure. So good to have time to just relax and have the neighbors over too!

Popular Posts