Pillow Cover Sewing

 At the beginning of summer I decided to update some old throw pillows by making new pillow pocket covers.
I am absolutely not a great experienced seamstress, but I'm very proud of my measly accomplishments at using a sewing machine!!! :-)
I have been updating some of our summer home look cheaply.  By cheaply I mean trying not to spend too much, but still be able to have quality decor...LOL!!!
This green checked pocket cover is hiding a very ugly outdated color pillow.
 I stop at this nearby Thrift Store which is super clean and well organized, and things sell out quickly.  I stop at least twice a month, and check their craft/hobby/sewing area.  I usually never come home empty handed.  If there is a fabric that I love, I better get it, or it's gone if I decide to go back and buy it later.  Most of the upholstery fabric is good quality by well known manufacturers.  The bundles are usually 2 or more yards for under $5.00!

Currently I have about 5-6 yards of fabric that I need to sew into more home projects, but I haven't been able to find the time to do so!  Or it could be that the weather is so perfect and beautiful, that I don't want to miss a second of it by being indoors.

Friday Features Linky Party ~ Oh My Heartsie Girl

Comments

GARAGE SALE GAL said…
You know we just HAVE to enjoy each wonderful day before winter takes over! I think the pillow covers are great! Another day to enjoy...
warmly,
deb
Dee said…
Your pillow covers are so pretty and the pockets give them even more personality. I know what you mean about not wanting to be indoors. The weather is just too nice, so I'm about to go for a nice long walk... :)
Love the pillow covers and I think you did a lovely job!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Debbie
Lisa said…
Sew cute! And they look so pretty on your bench! We don't have anyplace to get good cheap fabric any more. I used to go to a store that had a whole room with fabric that was 1-2 dollars a yard but the owner retired and closed the store. :-(
Kim said…
Cheap fabric is so hard to find, isn't it? You scored and you did a great job with the sewing. I love the way they look against that quilt! :)
Oliva Ohlson said…
Thank you!
We had the same thing happen here. One summer I discovered this fabric store really close by, but by the following summer, I went shopping there and found out the place closed :-(

Popular Posts