Evening Canoeing

 Hubby and I had a wonderful Friday evening canoeing nearby our home.
The day had been pretty chilly and it looked like we might get rain.  Luckily it cleared away and Hubby and I continue with our date at Westwood Hills Lake.
Selfie!!!
Westwood Hills Nature Preserve had an Adults Only Evening Canoeing class which we had signed up for.
We really enjoyed it!!!
There wasn't much instruction because most everyone knew how to canoe, or you were with someone who knew how to.
We canoed for about an hour.  It was so calm and soothing; and the weather was simply beautiful.  It seemed like we were the only ones in the world. 
Afterwards, we all docked across the Lake for the second part of our date.
Here are some of the participants waiting for all of the canoes to get docked and head out to our next exciting adventure.

Our instructor Mark had a little surprise in store for us at the the Nature Center Building.
He had coffee and dessert waiting for us, along with tea lights to create a romantic setting for us couples.  It was so nice and special!  We had super rich chocolate cake and creamy cheesecake!!! 

We had a chance to meet the other couples and Mark shared a lot of interesting information about the area.
Well, it was time to canoe back across the lake in the dark, and burn some calories and call it a day!
We had a very nice evening together!!!

Hubby and I plan on going back and renting a canoe for a couple of hours and go solo!

Comments

Looks like a great time was had by all!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb
I was on a canoe ONCE and was scared to death. I didn't like sitting up that high. It just felt like we were going to tip any second, I am a big wuss, I guess:):) Glad you both had fun!!
What a fun evening! It's always so relaxing being near water. How nice that they provided dessert, too!
What a wonderful way to spend time with your hubby, Oliva. I love the idea of coffee and dessert waiting for you. My late beloved and I went canoeing several times and really enjoyed it. Thank you for reminding me of those memories.
Sônia Maria said…
Obrigada por dividir conosco esse momento tão especial. Sem duvida alguma um lindo dia. Abraços
Sônia Maria
http://falandodecrochet.blogspot.com
Debbie Harris said…
What a wonderful thing to do as a couple, very sweet.
When we lived in Canada we would canoe on the lake when we went camping, our girls were so young then.
I have been in a canoe on the river here and that was incredible! I thought for sure we would tip over, but not at all, in fact going up stream was quite easy.

Blessings~ Debbie
Now that is one super-cool Date Nite, Oliva! I'm so happy you are getting a taste of Fall......send some this way, will you?
Oliva Ohlson said…
It was very nice Debbie!!! I had not canoed in a very long time and was a little nervous about tipping over. Luckily, I stayed dry!

Popular Posts