Giant Amaryllis

Another Ohlson tradition. My father-in-law Floyd, has been presenting me with a new amaryllis every year. This year I received this giant amaryllis (by mistake, I threw away the info regarding this amaryllis) from Bachman's in Minneapolis/St. Paul. I love this floral, home & garden store. For years, I've been receiving amaryllis, bearded iris, bulbs, etc...from this place. I'm lucky to live in the Phoenix Valley, because I don't have to dig up my bulbs, that is, except for tulips. Once the amaryllis blooms inside our home, I plant it outside in a semi-shaded area of our garden. There it will grow into a lush green plant, and then it will bloom around March/April!
I'm always amazed how fast it grows on a daily basis...I will try to keep track of it and post a weekly picture of my new amaryllis.
Thanks Dad!

Comments

Popular Posts