This plate of cookies are Hubbies'...hands off!
Ingredients for cookies:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops red food coloring (or your desired food coloring, colored sugar sprinkles, etc...)
- Cream butter, slowly add cornstarch and 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar; beat til fluffy. Stir in flour with wooden spoon (very soft dough). Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Roll dough into 24, 1 inch balls. I used a small cookie scoop from Pampered Chef. Place 1 and 1/2 inches apart on ungreased sheet. Press a slight indentation on top of each cookie. bake for 10-12 minutes until firm, not brown. Cool, top with icing.
- Blend cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar til smooth. Mix in vanilla or 1/4 teaspoon of another extract of your choice, and a few drops of food coloring. Mix well.