Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Easter Tassel

Thanks to Marty's Thread Spool Tassel Tutorial I was able to create my very own tassel! I had the great pleasure to actually admire one in real life at our AZ Blogger Luncheon last October. Ever since then I have been wanting to make one myself.
Thank you Marty for the great tutorial!

Also, I had been following Kristen's gorgeous tassels. If you have a chance stop by her blog to admire her great artwork. Thanks Kristen for the great inspiration!

I was at Michael's on Friday during my lunch hour when I came upon some Easter egg ornaments...and right there and then the light came on...tassels! This is one of 3...so two more to go...

A couple of months ago I had stopped at a neighborhood garage sale, and bought a box full of sewing notions for almost nothing. When I got home I opened my box and found a treasure of old wooden thread spools! Oh my, so many more tassels!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh you did such a beautiful job. I love the colors of the ribbons and the Easter Egg is gorgeous. Stunning. Love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to go read Marty's tutorial. I bought all the things I need to make one and I thought I could throw one together...Ha, not so!!

    I love yours!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Olivia, Your tassel turned out beautiful! I read Marty's wonderful tutorial. That is a great way to make them! I've seen them made all different ways...I make a bow and glue it upside down, then glue in some more ribbons to fill it out. That's probably the hard way...lol. Thank you for mentioning me!! Kristen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting & taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments are so very much appreciated! XOXO