June Christmas Card Challenge

These are my June Christmas cards for the 2011 Christmas Card Challenge at SplitCoastStampers. I am making a set of 12 cards for each month.
For this set of cards I used a technique that Tim Holtz used during his 12 tags of Christmas-Day 10. He used clear plastic packaging and then he embossed it with a snowflake embossing folder. I didn't have any thick clear plastic packaging, but I do have a boxful of transparency film.

You can see the embossed transparency film. I wanted to give it a look of falling snowflakes over the Merry Carolers.

Inside message:
May your days be happy,
your heart be light,
your Christmas merry,
and the new year bright.
I added a metal snowflake embellishment held with a corsage pin.

I did a technique called masking in making this card. I did not want to color the background, so I sponged/rubbed it with Bliss Blue.
I don't like to do a lot of coloring by hand, but I actually enjoyed it. I might give coloring another try.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Merry Carolers
Paper: Whisper White,
Ink:Glorious Green, Garden Green, Green Galore, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Yoyo Yellow, Marvelous Magenta, Lavender Lace, Pink Passion, Real Red, Pretty In Pink, Positively Pink, Blush Blossom, Creamy Caramel, & Close to Cocoa SU! markers; Bliss Blue stamp ink, Black acid free dye ink
Accessories: metal snowflake embellishment, transparency film, ribbon, corsage pin, top note die cut, snowflake embossing folder

Don't forget my blog candy giveaway!


Comments

katou said…
You did a great job,they are so cute .
Hugs.
Katou
The caroler card is so cute. I just can't believe you make all these wonderful things.

Popular Posts