Rosemary Scented Hand Soap

Our rosemary bush is growing so fast I cannot keep up with it and it smells so good as you brush by it or come near it!!!  Two nights ago it rained here in the Valley, and in the morning when I open the back door to the patio, the aroma of fresh rain mixed with the rosemary scent was intoxicatingly sweet.
Here in the Arizona Desert, rosemary grows like a bush, and around this time of the year it grows non-stop!  I been cutting it back and trying to use as much of it in recipes to no avail.
So while watching a YouTube video/tutorial, this lady suggested adding a sprig of fresh rosemary to your hand soap.
So I followed her advice, but with a twist.  I used the hand soap that I already had (I think it was lime scented) and added my freshly cut rosemary sprig.  In order to see the sprig inside the bottle, I simply removed the labels (front & back of recycled bottle)...and voila...easy peasy
and my hands smell so good, especially after chopping onion and mincing garlic!

I noticed that the hand soap liquid has changed in color, after a day or two with the rosemary sprig added to it.  I think that the scented hand soap is overpowering the rosemary scent so far.
My plan for next time is to refill the soap dispenser and I will simply use plain unscented hand soap with the rosemary sprig.  I'm also thinking of bruising or gently crushing the rosemary sprig to release its oil and scent.
I think it just adds a little charm to my plain see through dispenser.

Comments

Popular Posts