Christmas in the Living Room

I love how cozy and festive our living room looks at night when all of the lights are on.
This is the view you see when you first walk in to our home.
On the coffee table I placed a new-to-me glass tray that my sister no longer wanted.  I placed glass bowls filled with vintage Christmas ornaments form my late in-laws and some that I have been collecting.
The large round striped candy is actually a floating candle.  I found three over the summer at an estate sale for 25 cents each.  I plan on burning them on Christmas Day.
My most precious and adorable Christmas collectible - - a Charming Tales Christmas figurine.
The glass dome/cloche I found at a sale for pennies.  It just love how perfectly it fits over my little mouse holding ornaments.
I put together this little table inspired by Designs by Pinky.  I love how she has decorated her home in blue and white.
The big cache pot I've had for a long time holding one green plant or another.  Since we now spend our summers in MN, it's hard to keep indoor plants alive here in AZ.  So over the last couple of years at different times I have found the squarish thick glass top, the wooden stand and finally was able to turn the cache pot into a table.
I have also collected some blue and white china over the years, and this gave me the opportunity to bring it out again and enjoy it!
The lighted lantern I won as a door prize last Saturday when I subbed at Bunco Group.
The church pew came with Hubby.  He's had it for a long time.  I believe he said he bought it at a rummage sale.
The white sheep skin throw is Hubby's décor touch.

Across the coffee table it's my reading nook, where I placed our nativity scene.
On the rocking chair is Miss Little Daphne looking cute and demure as she can be.
The very pretty framed cross-stitched Merry Christmas I found at an estate sale for $2 last summer!!!  I love it so much that I might just keep it out all year long.
This year I placed Baby Jesus out.  I normally take him out on the 25th; but I just couldn't wait that long.

I love reading A Cup of Christmas Tea every year.  It has the most meaningful message about putting others first.  I make sure I place the book somewhere I can see it to remind me to follow its message.  It also makes me take time out, put my feet up and enjoy a hot cup of tea and just enjoy the moment.

Comments

Popular Posts