Christmas Funky Bow

 I had always wanted to learn how to make a pretty ribbon bow.  I had attempted so many times before to make one, but to no success.

So...I decided to finally learn how to make a pretty ribbon bow.  After watching several how-to YouTube ribbon bow tutorials, I came across -

Of all the video tutorials, I think she was the best for me to learn from.  
I followed her directions to a tee, and was so happy to finally put one together on the first try.  I didn't go out and get good quality expensive ribbon though.  I started out with four rolls of Christmas wired ribbon from the Dollar Tree to practiced with.
 My first funky bow was perfect even though is from the Dollar Tree store's ribbon.
I actually ended up making two funky bows to top our Christmas tree this year.  This year we placed our Christmas tree between the formal living and family rooms and are able to see it anytime from just every angle in our home; which means I had to completely decorate the whole tree.
I can't remember if I mentioned here last year that I broke our cheapy vintage Angel topper we've had since our first Christmas together (1988); hence it was the perfect time to learn bow making.

Just so you know, Arlynn shows you how to make her funky bows just about every time she makes one to use in her décor.
I plan on getting more ribbon (collection) to have handy and continue making FUNKY BOWS.

Comments

Popular Posts