Date Orange Bars

 What to make when you are given fresh picked DATES?
 But of course...Date Orange Bars!
 The combination of fresh orange juice and zest with the dates is absolutely delicious...not to mention the aroma!
I used oranges from our tree for this recipe.
My nephew's girlfriend's parents have a ranch in Yuma where they grow and raise all kinds of things.  We are lucky and grateful to be recipients of their bounty.  Every time they come to the Phoenix area, they bring with them all kinds of fresh vegetable/fruits to share with family and friends.
As of right now dates are in season.  So here I am baking with dates and trying to find more recipes that call for dates.
If you have any recipes that you would like to share with me, I would really appreciate it.

Comments

Popular Posts