Autumn Is Officially Here

Welcome Autumn!!!
I created this fallish vignette around my newly & thrifty find toolbox.  Actually the toolbox was a freebie from our neighbor who cleaned out her garage and put lots of unwanted stuff on the curb to take for free.  I think I now own 3-4 old wood toolboxes … yippee!!!
Here's my newly acquired toolbox back in August.  A little ode to summer!
The minute September got here, I knew how I was going to create my fall vignette and started playing with it!   As the month progress, it went from this … 

 to this!!!
I apologize for the dark photo, but it gives you a bigger view of the whole vignette in our  dining room.
 This is a closer look at the final fall vignette displaying lots of fallish accents; some made by me, others I've had from before, and lastly others I've  acquired over the summer here and there during my thrifty find hauls:
one of my recently made recycled sweater pumpkin, wood stamps depicting this season, my Pumpkins cross stitch I made back in May or June, a pumpkin dish in the toolbox is holding the acorns Hubby collected for me, and  also a  collection of turkey feathers in an old brass vase that Hubby brings back from his morning walks, glass candy corn, a pumpkin cookie cutter, and so much more.  The afghan on the left is a thrifty find I found over the summer for $4 and has never been used. 
 Here's a better picture of the crochet afghan that I thought it would be perfect for the fall; and of course Miss Daphne has to be in the picture.
I just hope it doesn't look too cluttered.  I thought that if I would group all of these small fall collectibles it would look nicer and be appreciated better; rather than spreading them througout the house.
BTW … the grape vine wreath, wood planter on the right and ceramic pitcher were also thrifty finds.  This summer for me has been the best ever going to garage sales, thrift stores and finding free treasures for our home and garden!

This season gets me in the mood for baking and hearty soups!

Comments

My motto is the more the merrier. Sounds like you've been able to thrift lots of goodies. Gotta love freebies. My husband has brought many things home that he's found thrown out by folks around here. Happy Autumn! Still waiting for a cool down on my side of the world.

Popular Posts