Wallpaper vs Painting

I have a confession ...
I don't like to paint walls or deal with cans of paints, taping, dirty paint brushes, and worst of all decide on a paint color!!!  My favorite choice and only choice for wall paint is stark white!!!  Hubby picks wall colors.
I rather wallpaper!
Which I did here on the bottom half of the wall behind the shelves.  These shelves are in our dining room on the north side of the wall.

Now the next picture is real life … yikes!!!  Who knows when was the last time it was painted.
Yuck and so embarrassed to show this off.
I removed all of the old books and photo albums, and scrubbed as best as I could the dirty wall.
Here's the big roll of wallpaper that can be painted after you apply to wall; which I chose not to do so for now.
I found this big roll at a consignment shop for $2 at the end of last summer; which became my project for this summer.
It was easy to slapped it on the wall.  I'm good with wallpapering small spaces.
 ~ After ~
~ Later ~
I decided to display some of my white and off white collectibles.  
I did the same on the opposite side set of shelves.  These side of shelves are geared more for Hubby so that he doesn't feel left out … LOL!
Hubby is a bird watcher, and he keeps his favorite bird guide books and binoculars.  Also the basket holds his blood pressure cuff.  The rest are some family heirlooms/collectibles that belonged to his parents and/or grand & great-grandparents.
I love my side better!
I'm still editing these shelves until I think it looks and feels just right.  So far I have removed the blue glass vase and crystal/glass candy dishes.
Eventually I will remove the small microwave as soon as I find a better place and room in our tiny summer kitchen.

Since I have enough leftover wallpaper, I'm thinking of using it in a kitchen cupboard project update.

Comments

Popular Posts