2019 Hydrangeas

These year's the hydrangea blooms are absolutely huge, beautiful and healthy!
 Simply stunning!
This year's very rainy summer weather here in Minnesota, has been absolutely perfect for our garden.
I took this picture in early July, when my only hydrangea bush was in the early stages of bloom, right before we had a very heavy rain.  I did have to go out and cut many flowers because the rain was too heavy on them, and they were lying on the ground.
This was a recurring theme through most of the summer, and I was obligated to cut our huge flowers.
In the above picture, you can see a smaller hydrangea bush that I planted about 6 years ago, and as of today it has never given me a bloom.  In the last 2 months, I have been spreading coffee grounds and even left over black coffee all around it, in hopes that it will help it bloom.  I read or was told that coffee grounds help hydrangea plants bloom.
I found this gorgeous blown glass pitcher at a local garage sale this summer for $1, which came in so handy to use as a vase to hold our gorgeous hydrangea blooms throughout the season!
These are the last of the summer hydrangea blooms of the season in another thrifty find vase for a buck!
I recently bought two end of the season Annabelle Hydrangea plants at a very reasonable price which I need to get in the ground soon.  I am hoping that by next summer they'll be as lush as this year's!

Comments

I love hydrangea. We can actually find them in flower shops here now, but of course, no way do they fare well in our horrible desert climate of extreme heat and dust. You actually have use the grounds from brewed coffee, otherwise they can't release the nutrients plants need. I save my coffee grounds for my plants and even to make shower scrubs with . :)

Popular Posts