Upcycling Bricks in the Garden

This summer here in MN, I have work a lot in our garden (front & back), and getting it ready for next spring and summer.  My plan is to have a perennial garden mostly which, in my opinion, so much eaier to take care of.  This fall I hired a tree/landscaping service where they will come in monthly and do tree and bush trimming (manicure), and help me with the hard heavy work I'm no longer able to do.
But in the meantime, I have been checking Nextdoor & Facebook's Marketplace in my area for free or thrifty garden finds.
 For example, back in July I was lucky enough to pick up this huge stack of bricks for free.
 All I had to do was the heavy work or loding and unloading them into my car (trunk, back seats & floor and also passenger seat & floor).  I do need a truck!!!
  It took me two trips to pick them all up.  It was a lot of hard work, but worth it!
 I have used all of the bricks to edge my garden beds and more.  I find that it gives a really nice finishing touch and curb appeal.
I even had some extra bricks to use around our old mailbox.  Sedum, hostas and lily plants all freebies as well.  Next summer's plan is to completely update our old mailbox and stand.
I used bricks also to edge our backyard shady garden bed all along the north side of the yard (borders with neighbors dividing fence.
Honestly, it has been a lot of hard work and aching body, but worth every minute of it!!! 
 I have also been getting free perennial plants as neighbors thin out their gardens, or those who sell them for very reasonable prices.
Next summer I plan on getting more freebie bricks and pavers as I will add more garden beds in our yard.

My project for this week is to go and pick up as much sawdust as I can from our nephew Eric's wood shop!!!

Comments

Conniecrafter said…
Great deal and all your hard work paid off, looks great!

Popular Posts