August's Fresh Cut Friday

Ah...Friday!
Funny how I used to be so happy when Friday's would come around.  Now, everyday is a Friday for me!  Sweet sweet sweet Retirement!
 
I simply cannot believe it's already August and we are having the best weather ever!
 
I was given this beautiful milk glass vase by my Hubby's cousin Laura, when she found out I collect and have a passion for milk glass.
  
 The vase was perfect to display on this pie crust round table with a beautiful and healthy Kalanchoe (also written Kalanchöe or Kalanchoë). 
 
I love kalanchoes.  They're so easy to take care of and they bloom consistently.  My cats stay away from it and leave it alone.  My kitties have a tendency to chew/eat my houseplants...so annoying!
I found the round crochet doily at a garage sale. It had a few stains, but it washed very nicely and it goes perfectly with this table.
 
 Laura found the vase at an estate sale.  It was the last day of the sale, and she made a comment as to how much she liked it.  The lady told her it belonged to her mother for many years, and that she could have it.
 
 They come in different colors.  I've had orange kalanchoes out in our patio in our home down in AZ and can tolerate the heat.  Just make sure it only gets morning sun. 
The other nice thing about kalanchoes is that you can root several plants out of this one.  Just cut a leaf off and stick it in a pot, and watch it grow into a new plant; or if a leaf falls off and lands on the ground, it'll take root.
 
 
I am joining Fresh Cut Friday at Liz's Rose Vignettes. Please stop by to see her own garden lantana and other bloggers' fresh cuts.
Thank you for stopping by~

Oliva


Comments

Popular Posts