Thrifty Find

I enjoy garage saling
Always looking for nifty thrifty things and good prices!
 I found this beautiful filet crochet table runner or dresser scarf at a local garage sale for $1!!!
It was very stained, but in great condition.  It didn't have a price tag and I asked how much she wanted for it.  She said to make her an offer, and I blurted out, "One dollar!"  I didn't think she would, but she accepted my offer.
I came home and immediately put it to soak in hot water mixed with bleach and dish soap.  I let it soaked for about an hour and then rinsed it.  It came out so clean.  It does have 2 tiny itty bitty rust stains spots, but I'm the only one who can spot them!
I can't believe someone took so much time to make this, to be discarded so easily.  Well, I surely am treasuring it! 


Comments

GARAGE SALE GAL said…
Glad that your comment thing is working! I wasn't seeing it before.
LOVE garage sales, of course!! LOL!Every once in awhile, a linen doesn't come "clean" for me...
glad that yours did!
Warmly,
deb

Popular Posts