Preparing For Christmas: Book Folded Trees

Book Folded Christmas Trees
While surfing Pinterest for Christmas decorations and craft ideas, I kept running into making Christmas Trees out of magazines and books.  So...
...here are a few of mine!
I don't ever remember making them in grade school, but I do remember the classes ahead of me making them.  Must have been that by the time it was our class's turn to make them, this trend was out!
  
 I have to say they're a piece of cake to make!
I read through a couple of blogs and YouTube videos for tutorials, and put myself to work...
 I even rounded up my late mother-in-law's candle holders to use as stands for some of the trees (to achieve different heights).

 I decided on decorating the trees pretty simply and came up with a theme: White Christmas
I found this pretty snowy glitter at Michaels, and dusted each tree with it after brushing tree with regular glue.

I topped each tree with Christmas picks I found at Michaels at 50% off on Wednesday.
The best part of this project was that it wasn't messy at all considering that I had to work with glitter and glue.  So far I have finished 3, but I'm working on more.

Hubby and I are staying in Minnesota this year to celebrate Thanksgiving Dinner with his family; and we're actually hosting it as well!!!
As a hostess gift, each family member will take one home with them, and decorate their home any way they see fit!
Yikes...I better get to work!!! 

Believe in Miracles
~Isaiah 9:6

Comments

Conniecrafter said…
They are just lovely, your family members will enjoy taking one home :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oh my when I saw these it brought back memories of my Mother making these! A little tear rolling down my cheek.
Oliva Ohlson said…
Good loving memories Minnie! Have a wonderful day!
Love how yours turned out Olivia! I have made these and they are super fun!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann
These magazine trees came out so nice Olivia! Thanksfor sharing at C&C with J&J.
Julie
baili said…
Wow you are so amazing to create such wonderful trees for Christmas dear friend.
i loved your art and quite a hardwork

Popular Posts